7 Healthy Green Smoothie Recipes
They’re legendary for being jam-packed with nutrients, but their flavor can be a hit or a miss. We’ve gathered 7 healthy green smoothie recipes that are not only delicious, but oh-so-simple to make.
1) Easy 3 Ingredient Green Apple Guava Smoothie
An easy tropical blend that’s packed with antioxidants.
* 1 granny smith or green apple, quartered
* 1 medium sized guava, quartered
* 2-3 kiwis, diced
* Blanche apple and guava in boiling water to remove any wax or paraffins.
* Quarter the apple and guava, removing the seeds from both (or leave them in, up to you!)
* Dice the kiwi leaving the rind on. Combine all ingredients in blender on medium speed until smooth consistency.
This easy smoothie will become a staple of your morning routine. For maximum nutrients, leave the rind on your apple, guava, and kiwis. Just be sure to remove any wax that may have been added by your grocery store.
2) The Green Potion Celery Smoothie
_This potion goes down easy with a delicious taste and plenty of vitamins and minerals._
* 1/2 cup of chopped celery
* 1/2 cup of chopped pineapple
* 1 medium banana
* 1 medium granny smith apple
* 2 kiwis
* 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
* Chop celery, pineapple, kiwis, apple into rough pieces.
* Add banana and combine on medium speed.
* Add grated ginger and your favorite sweetener; combine on low.
Need a kick start to your day? This smoothie is so good, it’s almost magical. Unlock the powerful antioxidants and immunity boosters of green celery, and enjoy the delicious taste of pineapple, apple, and kiwi.
3) Lime in the Coconut Refresher
Tropic like it’s hot with a light and refreshing smoothie inspired by the classic song. Did anyone say, “Pina Colada”?
* 2 limes
* 1/2 cup coconut milk
* 1/2 cup grated coconut
* 1/4 cup crushed pineapple
* 1 tsp honey
* 1 cup ice
* Zest lime and remove remaining rind. Scoop flesh into well (tip: use grapefruit spoon).
* Combine lime, coconut milk, grated coconut, pineapple, ice, and honey to taste.
* Add water as necessary to achieve desired consistency.
Coconut oil: it’s a cornerstone of organic eating. This smoothie features no refined ingredients, so you can enjoy all the amazing benefits coconut has to offer in its purest form.
4) Fresh off the Vine Smoothie
_We first heard about this smoothie through the grapevine, and now we’re sharing it with you._
* 1/2 cup green grapes, halved
* 1/2 cup honeydew melon, chopped
* 1 medium green tomato, diced
* 1/2 cucumber, diced
* honey to taste
* Rinse grapes and halve if your blender has a weaker motor.
* Dice tomato and cucumber.
* Combine fruits and veggies on medium speed until smooth, add honey to taste.
Vegetables like green tomato and cucumber have a myriad of vitamins, antioxidants, and other nutrients, but are often passed over in favor of sweeter ingredients. The grapes and honeydew pair beautifully with these crisp, refreshing flavors to bring your smoothie to a sweet consensus.
5) Savory Smoothie with Avocado for Metabolism
_A zesty smoothie akin to gazpacho that works great as quick pick me up for lunch._
* 1 avocado, halved and cubed
* 1 green tomato, diced
* 1 pearl onion, peeled
* 1 clove of garlic
* 1 jalapeno, roasted
* 1 small green bell pepper, roasted
* 1/4 cup green chiles
* salt and pepper to taste
* lime juice to taste
* Slice and pit avocado, cube and place into blender along with tomato.
* Peel onion and garlic, no need to chop.
* Roast jalapeno and bell pepper over open flame for extra flavor.
* Combine ingredients over high speed for 1 minute, and medium speed until smooth consistency reached. Add water as necessary.
* Optional: use heated blender to further incorporate ingredients and marry flavors.
Savory smoothies are a perfect way to make the most of the summer’s harvest, without getting overheated. Try this zesty smoothie inspired by Southwestern flavors. Roast your peppers over an open flame to infuse a unique smokiness. Add water to make this a smooth, drinkable soup, or try it coarsely combined to make a delicious dip similar to guacamole.
6) Grecian Grape Smoothie
_Move over, Grecian Goddess: Dionysus himself is a fan of this smoothie. _
* 1/2 cup of green grapes
* 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
* A few green olives, pitted
* 1 banana
* 1/2 cup apple juice
* honey to taste
* Combine grapes, Greek yogurt, olives, banana, and apple juice over slow speed.
* Make sure that your olives don’t have pimentos in them.
* Turn speed to high for a minute to reach smooth consistency, add more honey or apple juice as desired.
The Mediterranean diet centers itself around non-refined foods, as many people have done so for thousands of years in the Mediterranean basin. Sneak in a few olives to get the benefits of olive oil sans the savory flavor, which is well disguised by yogurt and banana.
7) The Classic Spinach Smoothie
_Because you can’t talk about green smoothies without this legend. _
* 2 cups of raw spinach
* 1/4 cup of oat milk
* 1/4 Greek yogurt
* 1 cup diced pineapple, frozen
* 1 cup diced green apple
* 2 tsp honey
* 1 tsp grated ginger
* Add raw spinach, yogurt, and oat milk to well. Blend on low.
* Add frozen pineapple and apple. Blend on high.
* Add honey and ginger to taste on low speed.
Pro tip: don’t sleep on spinach. Did you know leafy greens have an abundance of nutrients, including folate, iron, and vitamin C? Why not try adding spinach to any of today’s recipes? The taste is very mild, and its vibrant green color is a sign of just how nutrient dense this vegetable is.
The Grass is Greener (on the Other Side of your Morning)
Whether you enjoy smoothies at morning, in the afternoon, or at night, these 7 healthy green smoothie recipes are sure to put a pep in your step. Which recipe is your favorite? Have any tips for making the perfect smoothie? Let us know in the comments below.