Easy Rice Bowl
Rice Pudding Bowl
Looking for something else than your favorite oatmeal bowl in the morning?
This is a great way to get your kids involved in the kitchen and teach them how to make rice pudding! This recipe is also gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, soy-free, vegan, vegetarian, and paleo.
Breakfast Rice Bowl
Serves 4 people
Prep Time 10 mins + Cook Time 10 mins = Total Time 20 mins
- 3/4 cup (150 gr) uncooked brown rice
- 3 apples
- 3 cups (700 ml) rice milk
- 3/4 cup (100 gr) pitted prunes
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground fennel seeds
- 1 tsp ground anise
- 2/3 cup (100 gr) chopped walnuts
- Wash the rice well and place in a saucepan, boil according to the package.
- Clean and cut the apples and blend with the milk, add half a cup of prunes (not all of them), cinnamon, fennel seeds and anise until a smooth mixture.
- When the rice is ready, drain the water and add the apple puree. Reheat on middle high fire.
- Chop the other prunes and the walnuts into small pieces.
- When the rice is warm, serve into bowls and add the remaining chopped prunes and walnuts. Enjoy!
refined sugars => apples and prunes, F + V
milk => rice milk, P
processed rice => brown rice, F + V
too much salt => a pinch of sea salt
F = increase in fiber
V = increase in vitamins
P = plant-based swap
This is a great way to serve rice pudding, and it’s also a fun dessert for kids! You can make this in any size you want, but I recommend making the largest one you can fit into your refrigerator at once. This recipe makes enough for four people.